Published: June 29, 2019
TAKE YOUR SUMMER STAYCATION TO THE NEXT LEVEL
It's official: Summer's here. The sun is shining and the skies are blue, which means there's no better time than the here-and-now to seize the day.
Buckle up - oh ye who thought sticking around would be boring - there are awesome things to do in Missouri... and skydiving at Ozarks Skydive Center is at the top of our summer vacation bucket list.
Looking for Awesome Summer Activities? Look No Further Than Right in Your Backyard!
From relaxing on Lake Taneycomo and exploring the picturesque Ozark Mountains to hitting up our local zoos, museums, and gardens, there are tons of things to do in Branson and Springfield -- both of which are within spitting distance of Ozarks Skydive Center located in Miller.
Making a tandem skydive is everything summertime bucket-listers are looking for, and then some. Here are three super popular reasons why:
1. Skydiving is exhilarating, liberating and outright exciting.
- There's a gorgeous cocktail of chemicals that flood your brain when you skydive.
- The anticipation of what's ahead, the climb to altitude, the exit, and of course the wonderful, glorious freefall. The ingredient that makes this part of the day so mega is adrenaline.
- Your awareness is heightened, your energy rocket boosted, and your cognition sharper than ever. You are powerful and strong, and scream-on-the-top-of-your-lungs invincible.
2. Skydiving is enriching, inspiring, even enlightening.
- After the rush of flying, belly-to-the-earth at 120mph comes the calm of canopy flight. Your parachute opens and the beauty of your Show-Me home smacks you square in the face.
- Welcome, serotonin. This magic brain chemical lets you see things from a new angle and gain perspective. You recognize your significance, your impact, your worth.
- Everything is just, Wowwwwwww!!!!
3. Skydiving is restorative, grounding, and, yep, super empowering.
Once your feet are back on terra firma, the magnitude of what you've just accomplished sets in.
Cue: dopamine. This is the brain's dessert course - your reward for investing in yourself and for taking the time for self-care. When dopamine takes over, perma-grin will likely take over too. Remember a time when your face hurt from non-stop smiling? Yeah, that's what's fixin' to happen.
When you skydive, you trigger a surge of can-do spirit and confidence. Harnessing the power of your experience has the potential to be wonderfully catalytic. Other things that felt out of reach feel more attainable.
Boom. Straight-up epic.
We Say Hooray for the Staycay!
There are a number of reasons why people opt to keep close to home over the summer rather than venture far and wide.
For one, it's more affordable - no travel or accommodation expenses, and no bad road-trip food. Plus, scheduling conflicts between family members and friends are nixed, meaning you can go with your own flow.
But here's our favorite reason for choosing a staycation over a big trip: you reinvigorate your attitude of gratitude for the awesomeness that is your home state.
We invite you to jump with us and fall in love with sweet Missouri all over again.